Gros Morne: Trout River area

Exploring this little town, I first walked up a headland to the lighthouse; the old lighthouse was charming, but, like many, it's been replaced by a functional red & white modern little tower. 

           



                     

Then, I walked up the headland on the other end of town.




A late lunch of pickled herring with onions & sour cream along with a bowl of Newfoundland pea soup (split pea soup pureed with lots of carrots & potatoes) topped off my visit. Adirondack chairs are quite popular here, & many folks have their own version. 

                               

After returning from my hike yesterday, I was wiped out. The walk was only 4K & not too steep, so I couldn't figure it out. Then, in the evening, I developed a throat tickle that I just couldn't shake - kept me awake for hours. It hit me this morning that 4 hours in a pub on Wednesday evening probably gave me a cold or Covid - not too bad, just annoying. 


Comments

  1. The table lands were very interesting. Of course I'd never heard about them. Your pics were spot on.
    You chose a great year to go to Newfoundland. Record temps here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

family reunion

Pinware & Point Amour