When starting this little blog, my idea was to post 1, or at most 2, pics per day. Today, I just couldn't pare them down to just 1 or 2. 

eastern WA countryside


the tiny & quite modest town of Bridgeport has about 2 dozen of these chainsaw carvings lining the main street



In 1978, Manny & I spent our honeymoon camping (in a pup tent) & exploring from Montreal to Vancouver. We then made a quick trip back east via the northern tier states. While driving through the Cascade Mountains on I-90, we added a drive on the North Cascades Scenic Byway to our bucket list. Today, I finally drove that route, & it did not disappoint. 





Comments

  1. Aaaw, I love that you finished what you and Manny started together. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mara,
    Thanks so much for your comments - this one & the others. I hadn't considered the possibility of getting comments, so wasn't looking for them. Just noticed this one & then found the others.

    It was an unexpectedly emotional experience for me doing that drive & thinking back to when we first contemplated it. Do wish that Manny had gotten to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine the emotional piece, but I know he'd be very proud of you for what you are doing. Gosh knows I am very proud of your adventurous spirit and independence!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gros Morne: Trout River area

family reunion

Pinware & Point Amour