Well, today was a very long but successful day. My new trailer was delivered to me in Washington state, just over the border from where it was build in British Columbia. The delivery guy & I (mostly him) had to do some work on the attachment between the hitch & trailer which was supposed to have been done at the factory, but otherwise it went as planned. 

I then spent an hour in an abandoned gas station & some side streets learning how the trailer tracks & how to back it up...sort of. Then, I took it on some farm roads to burnish the brakes - basically breaking them in. Next, it was off to the local grocery store where I got groceries & a temporary tag for the trailer. Then, I spent a couple of hours driving around on some back roads to get more comfortable towing. 

Now I'm in the KOA campground in Lynden, WA where I set up camp for the first time; none of it is hard, but it was all a bit awkward doing it for the first time.




Comments

  1. Lorraine, you are awesome. Have a wonderful and safe trip. You are a very impressive lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Gay. Maybe more crazy than impressive, but I appreciate the thought. -- Lorraine

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! I could never drive something that huge. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually tows pretty easily. Biggest problem most folks report is that it is so smooth a tow that they forget that it's there. -- Lorraine

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gros Morne: Trout River area

family reunion

Pinware & Point Amour