Butte, MT

 Drove in to Butte today. On the way, this guy stared me down. 

In Butte, I took a trolly tour through the largest historic district in the US - 6,000 buildings. These towers remain from the underground mining, which was discontinued in the 1970's. Open pit mining continues. The water in this mine is so polluted, that a bird landing in it will die, so gun shots & other noises ring out every 30 seconds or so to keep the birds away. The water is cleaned up before being released into a stream.

 

This is a typical landscape around Butte, & the view from my campsite. It's very quiet here, as so far, I'm the only one in the campground. Good thing I'm happy with my own company...& that of a deer that just wandered by.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gros Morne: Trout River area

family reunion

Pinware & Point Amour