last day on the Mississippi

Though the rally ended yesterday, some folks stayed around until today, so said a round of farewells this morning. Then had lunch at a local brew pub, a very cool converted church, with a couple who also stayed over till tomorrow. 

I so enjoyed this spot, especially all of the larger birds moving around in the marshes. Besides the birds mentioned in an earlier post, the sandhill cranes were especially active & interesting; they really kicked up a racket from time to time, & none of us had a good guess as to why. The first pic is one of the marshes with the river in the background, & the second is my rig with the river & threatening clouds in the background. 

I packed up all of my outdoor items & hitched up this afternoon as rain is predicted from this evening through mid-day tomorrow, & I'm wanting to head out in the am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gros Morne: Trout River area

family reunion

Pinware & Point Amour