drive day

Well, I've got a new way to make it rain in the desert. About 10 days ago in Parker, AZ, I washed my trailer windows, & it rained that night - not a lot, but more than a shower. Yesterday, in Red Rock Canyon, CA, I washed the windows again, & it rained steadily this morning from about 5:00-9:00.

That leads me to my new life lesson: when checking the weather in the desert, one should look at the precipitation prediction as well as the temperature - not that I know anyone who failed to do that & was then surprised to hear rain on the roof at 5am. :-)

Today, I drove north to Millerton Lake State Recreation Area, north east of Fresno. The plan was to reconnect with an old friend here tomorrow; not sure that will happen, but this is a pretty spot to hang out for a day. The sunset wan't all that special, but it was a welcome sight after a rainy day. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gros Morne: Trout River area

family reunion

Pinware & Point Amour